Freitag, 4. Februar 2011

Semestertests and Softball

Hey you =)

So I finally found some time to make another post. The last one of South Dakota was supposed to be posted earlier, but as it looks like it didn't work, as I wanted it to work...

Since I haven't posted anything for quite a while, this one is going to be longer.. I may should post more, so the posts aren't that long, but anyway, here we go:

First of all, we got a dog! It is a one year old Lahsa Apso, named Kipu. He has way too much energy, but he is really really cute. We also have some troubles training him, he chewed on a library book for example (the book was actually about training a dog :P), and he has he likes marking around the house. So he is usually outside or unde the close look of Lorena.
School is still as boring as always, but since we had semester tests at the end of January these three weeks were all about preparing for the tests and school was pretty easy. Then the week of semestertests began. On Monday we had a free day, because of Marthin Luther King Memorial Day and then on Tuesday we had the first two of all the eight semestert tests. For me it was Algebra 2 and Mythology. After those two rather easy tests, I still had to go to 5th and 7th period, which were for that matter of fact shorter than usual. The next three days I had the remaining 6 tests. After two tests a day, we got out at 10:40, which was really nice.
On the last day of semestertests then, after school I stayed there with Selin, for her to withdrawal from Centennial so she can start the new semester at Moapa Valley High School. After 3 hours of waiting in the office it was finally done and I went home with Selin. We just hung out and enjoyed the last few hours we could spend toegether in Las Vegas.

On the next Monday the new semester started and we had a C-day. I like C-days because we only have around 30 minutes of each class. This makes it more interesting, and C-days are usually also pretty easy.

After school then I had Softball for the first time. There were around 50 girls, we had to run quite a bit, and also had some strageties told. Not that I would have unterstood them really well, since I didn't even know what Softball is, when I came to the US. (For all those of you, who do not know what it is, it is actually Baseball for girls, and with a bigger ball) But I continued going there and I started to understand what the coaches were talking about. By now I have a far better understanding of Softball, even though compared to the girls I'm playing with, I don't know anything. On Monday, the second week, they split all the girls into to groups, Varsity and JV. Since I am a Junior, I had to go to the Varsity group. This is the group which is usually better and has more experience than the JV team... The intermurals will continue through February 24, and on February 27 the tryouts will take place. Until then I have to do some more fundraising, this time wwe have to sell Candy. This is way easier than the cookie dough, since we can take it to school and sell it there between classes, sometimes even during class and also during lunch. It makes it a lot easier and the stundents are mostly up to buy something.

So I think that's it =) I try to keep you updated, but as you probably already saw, I don't really succeed in it all the time...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I will see Fabiola in 5 weeks and 2 days again =)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen