Samstag, 28. August 2010

Hello =)
So I finally found some time to give you a quick update.

The meeting with the counselor was OK, the counselor was very nice and explain everything. The only bad thing was, that like 3 of the classes I actually wanted to take were already full, so I had to change. But anyway, for the next year I'm going to have Geometry, U.S. History, Myth&Folklore, Drawing, Japanese, Computer Application, American Literature and Chemistry.
On Wednesday Lorena and I went to my school again to figrure out, where my rooms are and stuff like that. After we found my homeroom, we went on to search the other rooms, but before we could do it, we met a very nice teacher. She explained me everything, and told me, if I have any problems or just need somebody to talk, I could always come to her. Now I feel ready to go to school on Monday. The only thing I don't like about it is, that my school bus leaves at 6:20 in the morning and I need about 15 minutes to the stop. That means I have to leave home at 6 o'clock in the morning.

On Thursday we went to the Strip. We parked at the Excalibur and then started to walk down the Strip. It was fun, but I haven't seen all of the strip by now, so we will go there again.
Yesterdaym Aspen, my hostmum's gradndaughter spent the whole day here, because her mom was working, and the school she's going to was closed. Aspen helped me making a carrot cake, which turned out good, but it just didn't really tasted like a carrot cake^^
In the afternoon, we went to a swimming pool. There were like 5 life guards for 2 pools, much more than I'm used to from Switzerland. After the pool, we went home and Yolanda, Aspen's mother came to pick her up. This day with Aspen was very exhausting, because she always wanted to play with me, but I had a lot of fun and I was never bored, during the whole day =)

Today we went to the other end of Las Vegas (we drove about40 minutes in the car to get there) for the EF Welcome Party. There I met Kathi once again. She's very happy at her new family, and she was smiling all the time. But we had to leave already after 1 and half hour, to go to Aspen's Birthday party.
It was a really nice party, everywhere in the room were some Mermaid decorations, and at the end of the party there was a Piñata.


I will try to post again after my first week of school
bye for now
Johanna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen