Mittwoch, 4. August 2010

Host family...

Hey!
I'm now sitting in my room at my permanent family.
How I got here? I will tell you:
After leaving camp at 3 am we went to the airport in Burlington. At 6 am my plane to New York left. Once landed in New York we had to wait about half an hour in the plane, before we were allowed to leave it. But actually it didn't matter, because I still had to wait about 3 hours on the airport in New York and you couldn't really do anything. But anyway my next flight was the ond to LAS VEGAS.
When I was sitting in the plane I became so nervous about where I am going to now and all this stuff, because I got the information about an arrival family at midnight before I left camp.
When I finally landed in Las Vegas everything was good. I got toknow my arrival family and was told that I will go to my permanent family on monday.
My arrival family was very nice and even though I had to sleep on the couch for two nights I enjoyed being with them. On Sunday we went to visit my arrival mum's daughter, at the other end of Las Vegas. There we went swimming in the pool and I cooked together with my arrival mum a very easy dish. It was a very nice day.

On monday my arrival mum had to go to work at 6am. But the arrival dad and the 2 sons where around so I wasn't alone. Then around midday Julie, my IEC came to poick me up and bring me to my permanent family. But we still had to wait for the approvement from the Boston office so I stay with Julie and her 2 exchange students (Kathi and Lorenzo). When the approvement finally came up, we were at Julie's house and my host mum, Lorena, decided that she will come and pick me up.

While we waited for Lorena to pick me up, I was talking to Kathi and tried to cheer her up, because she doesn't fell comfortable at Julie's and she also felt very home sick.

Now to my host family:
Lorena Brown is a single lady. She has got a daughter, who already moved out and s very sweet kitty. Yesterday her granddaughter was here and I had a good time with her by playing Line-up 4 and cooking with her.
Lorena was born in Honduras, so she grew up speaking spanish and learnt English when she moved to the US and had to learn it, because of school and friends and stuff like that.
I actually don't know what she's working and how old she is, bit it actually doesn't matter.

In the next few days I haven't planned anything and school won't start befor August 30 so I have a lot of free time. May be I will write again to tell you some news about living with my host mum... we will see.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen